Keto Chorizo Egg Muffin with Pico de Gallo
Delicious Low Carb Chorizo egg omelette put into individual muffins for easy quick breakfast or snack time. For breakfast on the go make ahead and heat in microwave.
- 4 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 link Chorizo
- 1/4 cup Yellow Bell Pepper chopped
- 2 Tbsps. onion chopped
- 1 Large Green Chili chopped
- 6 Tbsps. Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 small tomato diced
- 1 tbsp Cilantro diced
- 1 whole jalapeno pepper diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 6 muffin cups.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and stir in bell pepper and onion until tender. Remove from skillet and let cool.
- Remove the skin from the Chorizo then Heat in the same skillet until fully cooked.
- Mix the eggs and heavy cream together in bowl.
- Add the cooled bell pepper and onion to the egg mixture. Save a little onion for the Pico.
- Pour Egg mixture into greased 6 cup muffin tin.
- Add pieces of the cooked Chorizo into the center of egg mixture in muffin tin.
- Add the chopped green chili
- Put into preheated oven and let bake 10 mins.
- Top with cheese and bake another 5 mins.
- Test with a toothpick to see in done, toothpick with come out clean.
- Chop the tomato, Cilantro and Jalapeno, use remaining onion combine for Pico de Gallo
- Remove from oven and Top with your favorite low carb Salsa
Serving: 1Muffin | Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 159mg | Sodium: 254mg | Potassium: 131mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 475IU | Vitamin C: 12.3mg | Calcium: 135mg | Iron: 0.8mg
Show Comments (0)