Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
- 1 Cup Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Salt * or to taste
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Add all ingredients in a Wide mouth Mason Jar.
- Using Immersion Blender on high speed starting at the bottom not raising for 30 sec to 1 min you should immediately see the emulsification starting and looking like mayo working its way up.
Slowly start raising immersion blender to the top of mason jar making sure it is thickening as you pull it up.
- Easy homemade Mayo ready to serve!
- if Mayo splits -- Try to add a few drops of ice water if that does not work in new jar add 1 yolk start immersion blender and slowly add split mayo back in.
- If Mayo is thin - If mayo looks right but is just thin.. add more oil but not too much
If Mayo has right consistency but is starting to look a little oily add a splash of ice water or lemon juice
Homemade Mayo Recipe with Immersion Blender
Amount Per Serving (2 Tbsp)
Calories 171 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19g 29%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Cholesterol 15mg 5%
Sodium 105mg 4%
Potassium 5mg 0%
Total Carbohydrates 0g 0%
Protein 0g 0%
Vitamin A 0.5%
Vitamin C 0.6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Show Comments (1)