Why Blanch your Peppers?
Besides helping to clean them from any bacteria residue that is left behind after washing. When you Blanch Bell Peppers it helps keep them looking Vibrant and Crunchy.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 3 mins
Chill: 3 mins
Total Time: 8 mins
Servings: 1 Pepper
For Stuffed Peppers or Sliced Peppers
- Cut off the stems and remove the seeds only. If Rings, strips or halved peppers are desired do it now.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and Place the peppers in the boiling water making sure they are fully submerged.
- Blanch Whole and Halved peppers for 3 minutes.Blanch Rings and Strips of peppers for 2 minutes.
- Lift the peppers from the boiling water with tongs and place them in the bowl of ice water. Let the Peppers Chill in the Ice Water for 3 mins to stop the cooking process.
How to Blanch Peppers
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Total Carbohydrates 5g 2%
Protein 1g 2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Show Comments (0)